History of Kandivli Education Society
- The Society is registered under the Societies Registration Act, of 1860 vide Registration No. 1557 of 1947-48 in June, 1947 and the Bombay Public Trusts Act, 1950 vide Registration No. F-253 (Bom.) in 1953.
- On 12th April, 1936 the school started with 13 students.
- In 1960, the school was renamed from Devji Bhimji Highschool to ‘Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel High School’; which popularly became known as SVP School over the years.
- The technical section was started in 1961 and a Junior college section in science stream was added in 1976.
- In 1970 it started the Night High School to provide the students opportunity to study along with service.
- Sangeet Mahavidyalaya was established in 1984 affiliated to the Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, Miraj to teach Indian Classical Music, both vocal and instrumental, and dance
- The SVP Junior College of Science was renamed as T. P. Bhatia Junior College of Science in the year 2004.
- KES College of Arts & Commerce (Degree College) was started in the year 1989 and was renamed as B. K. Shroff College of Arts & M. H. Shroff College of Commerce in 2006.
- A major feather in the cap of the society was the establishment of KES' Jayantilal H. Patel Law College in the year 2012